eDNA made easy – with our sampling kits for water bodies!
Our kits for manual or automated water sampling allow for easy and fast sampling. This helps us achieve the highest standards of sample quality while minimising the risk of DNA being carried over between individual samples (contamination).
A detailed protocol is included in the kit. This makes sampling as easy as making a cup of tea.
Sampling for eDNA analyses
- Use of disposable sample material.
- Taking of water samples with disposable syringe or sample bag in the water body.
- Putting on the filter / filtering the water by hand or by means of a battery-powered water pump.
- Storage and cooled transport of the filters – if required also with special buffer (room temperature)
- Isolating the eDNA from the sample at the Sinsoma laboratory.